Monday, July 1, 2013

Tippy Toes

Matty has a way of keeping us on our toes around here. And lately? We’re teetering on our tippy toes. I’m going to go ahead and attempt to convince myself argue that Ryan and I still have this parenting thing under control, but this second child of ours? In addition to being undeniably sweet and absolutely adorable…
  • He’s mischievous. A sandbox on the deck sounded like a really great idea back in February. Think of all of the things I could get done while he happily built mountains and roads and castles in the sand! Then the snow melted, the top came off the box and reality set in. So far this summer, he’s dumped approximately 236 buckets of beach like sand onto the kitchen floor. And attempting to remove said sand from between the cracks of a faux wood floor? Not fun.
  • He’s brave. While Ryan was traveling for work and I was on single parent duty, Matty dove head first into a full tub of bathwater. Completely clothed. By this point in the day I was nothing short of exhausted. But I’ll admit, I laughed. Something about the look of shock on that bubble soaked face… I just couldn’t help it.
  • He’s determined. Some day that attribute is going to serve him well and get him somewhere wonderful, but on this particular day? His determination to get through the gate, down the stairs and out into the freedom of the front yard got him his first timeout and it got Ryan and I a giant hole in our living room drywall.
  • He’s quick. Like, super quick. On Father’s Day he swiped the sunscreen off the patio table so fast that he had a whole mouthful of the stuff before anyone could even think to stop him. Poison Control was dead on when they predicted he’d survive but likely suffer from a mild case of diarrhea before the day was done.
  • He’s inquisitive. Inquisitive as in, “hey I wonder how loud you’ll yell if I plunge my tiny little teeth into your hand and bite down for a full 30 seconds.” We’re working on this one. But if you have any tips? Please send them my way as just last week our daycare provider smiled and suggested a little “anger management” for the little guy.

I don’t like to admit defeat but at this rate, those future third baby negotiations? Almost laughable.

No comments:

Post a Comment