Thursday, November 8, 2012

Crossing it Off {...finally}


I have a million ideas. I pin, I plan, I print. Home décor ideas, recipes and checklists. The problem is, I am terrible at following through. I have post-it notes, cell phone reminders and half of the daily organizers in the home office section of our local Target. Yet, I can’t seem to implement those ideas, buy the ingredients for those recipes or cross any items off my ever-growing checklist. Things come up, life gets in the way, the plate overflows. 

This blog? It was one of those things that for so long just…didn’t get done. I had good intentions. I really, REALLY wanted to begin a blog as a means to document all of the ridiculous adorable things my children do or say and someday, turn it into a book for them. You know those blog books? Seriously, what a great keepsake. The truth is, I tried. I have notebooks full of blog post ideas. I even took the time to come up with a name, which took FOR-EVER. Every name that I thought of was taken. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. Then I thought of this one. At 3AM. In the dark, I grabbed my phone, logged onto Blogger and claimed it as my own. I mentally sketched out a blog design, because, really, who wants to write on a plain Jane template straight out of Blogger? Not me. I downloaded some headers, funky accessories, etc. Then I attempted and failed miserably to install them. I finally caved. It just wasn’t going to happen. I’m not tech savvy, I am easily discouraged and refuse to use the “Help” button on any website. So instead, I emailed the author of a blog I stalk love and included a barrage of questions regarding blogging. How did you get started? How do you fit writing into your day with two kids to take care of? And who the heck designed your blog? Much to my surprise, she responded. In less than an hour. Because she’s cool like that and apparently appreciates her readers. She suggested I contact a friend of hers who designs blogs. Are you kidding?  I don’t have to do anything? She’ll do it all? And so, here we are. I did it. Not the blog design part obviously {Jess did that} but I followed through, crossed blogging off my list and it feels AMAZING! Yeah, I know…the real challenge will be moving a few things around on the plate to make room for writing. It is yet to be determined if I’ll be successful, but if I find a way to make that happen….follow along? 



1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! I'm glad you did a post. I've been waiting for it to pop up in my reader.

    I'm totally gonna shout you out on my blog this week...cause you can write. So many people blog, and uh, can't. Write.

    ReplyDelete